Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

It's Me Again...

I have been really busy at work the last month or so and I haven't had much to blog about. It has been in my mind i need to write something, but I've had a total lack of material.

Let me fill you in on my Sunday:
Wrapped the world's most awkwardly shaped present into a really ridiculous shape for my Grandma's birthday (if you're wondering what's inside, it was a jar of marmalade and a box of teabags from T2).

Baked some cinnamon scrolls. The whole house smelled delicious.

Joined a new gym. Their membership card fits in the bottom of my drink bottle!
We also went out for dinner to Saltimbocca in Cheltenham for dinner for my Grandma's birthday, which I'm not a huge fan of because the whole menu is pasta, risotto, and lasagne. There are three meals that aren't pasta based (I don't like pasta) but they were steak, duck, and barramundi, and were all nearly $40 which I was not going to pay for a meal. There's not any pizzas so I can't even order a cheese-less pizza. I wound up ordering a calamari entree as a main with a side of roast potatoes, so phew I could eat! And it was very nice.

The gym has been going good so far. I'm really enthusiastic about going, and even if I don't get the weightloss (which has never happened when I go to the gym) I feel like I'm doing all I can for my health when I combine it with good eating (which I'm pretty good at and getting better still) so I don't feel as bad about myself. All the weight I put on when I moved to the US has never come off and I've been home for over 3 years now so it's a bit ridiculous. I've recently been diagnosed with tarsal coalition which I think has been a bit of a mental block subconsciously with exercise in the past, but I will explain more about tarsal coalition in another post (for those who are interested). I initially went back to my old gym to enquire about prices (a Fitness First within a 2 minute walk from my house) and the guy wanted me to pay a joining fee (which was waived the last time I rejoined) and had the fees at $56/fortnight, a $13/fortnight jump from last year! Insane. Even though it was the second last day of the month, he was not willing to budge at all. I walked out and found that there is a Goodlife a 2 minute drive from home, and they had a great special of $200 for the first 4 months, then $19.95/week after the first four months and no lock in contract after paying the first 4 months upfront (which is cheap when worked out month-to-month). I've been the last two days and done spin (when I nearly fainted in the first 5 minutes of the class! Note to self - don't eat breakfast 30 minutes before your first spin class in a year) and BodyPump today. I think next time I do BodyPump I will be able to push further with the weights - today was more about refamiliarising myself with the class. The Goodlife has a pool which is important with my ankle condition, and their classes are on at better times than the dodgy Fitness First anyway, so all good! Wish me luck!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...