Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cooking New Dishes...

The other night, I made Thai Fish Cakes for dinner. I purchased a new cookbook, The Really Useful Cookbook by David Herbert (he has the best, no-fail, recipes!), and decided to make the fish cakes for dinner.
The Really Useful Cookbook by David Herbert, $41.39 AUD, bookworld.com.au
I've used Bookworld.com.au a couple of times now to get titles I want quickly and that aren't available on BookDepository. Bookworld is what shows up when you type in Borders.com.au (last I knew Borders online was still in business) and they have free shipping and 10% off if you become a free member. Shipping is incredibly quick and the two purchases I've made have both arrived two days after purchasing (and considering both my purchases were made on a Sunday, that is pretty good).

This book is well organised into different categories, such as breads, soups, roasts, puddings, fish, biscuits, and so on. The first recipe is a pretty generic one, and then the subsequent recipes get more adventurous. Being on holidays from work, I decided to try out some new recipes for dinner from both this cookbook and a Woman's Weekly slow cooker book. These were the Thai Fish Cakes:
Thai Fish Cakes with roast potatoes, carrot, and pumpkin.
The fish cakes were good, although next time I would add more red curry paste and chili as they were a little on the mild side. The recipe was quick and easy.

Later this week I have Moroccan meat balls and BBQ pork ribs (both done in the slow cooker) on the menu.

What are your favourite cookbooks? Do you have a standard go-to or do you have favourites from different books? Do you prefer to get your recipes out of the newspaper or magazines, or even off the television?

2 comments:

  1. I don't cook :P I bake and only cakes it seems. Taking classes this semester though. :)

    P.S. Always use booko to compare prices. It's only $27 shipped from the Nile (http://www.thenile.com.au/books/David-Herbert/The-Really-Useful-Cookbook/9781920989774/).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've never heard of Booko before. I did see this book for cheaper on another site, closer to $30, but I wasn't sure of he site as it seemed new so I went to a reputable source. Will definitely check oout next time though!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...