Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Super Fruit Smoothie...

I have now been using the Livestrong website for two weeks and have basically cut out Pepsi altogether. Pretty good! I've also been for a 20-30 minute walk every day (but haven't gone today or yesterday as Ally the dog went back home to her owners) and have been much more conscious of what I've been eating, sticking to around 1300 calories a day. However, I have not dropped any weight, so it is pretty disappointing. I don't know what is wrong with me.

I created a quick smoothie yesterday because I don't really like bananas on their own but I know they're good for you. I've made a few different smoothies which are all good tasting and way cheaper than the same stuff down at your local Boost (and have half the sugar of a Boost). Here is the recipe:
Orange, banana, and kiwifruit smoothie.
1 medium banana, peeled
1 orange, peeled
1 kiwi fruit, peeled
A generous splash of orange juice (or juice from a second orange)
1 tray of ice cubes (or enough ice cubes to fill two large glasses

Place all ingredients in your blender and pulse until mixed. Pour and enjoy!

This smoothie is good as it is dairy free (I don't like dairy-based smoothies), is waaaaaaaay cheaper than a Boost drink, is only 136 calories, has 16% of your daily fibre needs, and doesn't taste strongly of banana! It's also quick and easy and a little bit tropical tasting. I'm wondering how I could port one of these to work for lunch as it is quite filling.

Do you like smoothies? Do they help you eat more fruits? Do you prefer yoghurt, milk, or ice based smoothies?

2 comments:

  1. I love Smoothies, though I don't often make them, it doesn't help that Boost is opposite my building either :P But I did try it out some time, but it was too much of a hassle to clean the blender. Milk based smoothies are my favourite, though if you're on a diet ice based would be preferable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The easiest way to clean your blender is to put a squirt of dishwashing liquid in, then some water, then pulse that and it bubbles up and cleans. Then you just tip the soapy water out, rinse under the tap if needed, and leave the blender turned upside down on your bench to dry out.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...