Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Doggie boredom...

I have been pretty bored the last couple of days, home alone with Ally. We start off the day with a big morning walk. On today's walk, we encountered a guy standing outside his house and he said to me "Goodmorning" so I replied, and then he said "Bit of a cold one this morning!" (it wasn't, it was well above 10 degrees and I was in a t-shirt) and I replied "It's fine once you get moving". Seriously. People complaining about the cold already??!! I went for coffee at my favourite coffee shop around 9 this morning and another customer came in and was wearing a North Face puffer jacket - the kind of puffer jacket you wear when you're going to the snow or you live in the snow - the kid of jackets people wore in Boston. What are these people going to wear when it actually does get cool in Melbourne??!!

Anyway, I've been bored at home so found a few doggie-related ways to pass the time:

1. Knit Ally a jumper.
Perfect fit dog and cat sweater, ravelry.com
After I finished another beanie, this time for a different friend's child, I decided to knit Ally a jumper. It was a wet morning a few days ago on a walk and she got wet on her legs and tummy, so thought maybe she could wear this when she goes for walks on damp mornings. Or not...I've since knit a little purple flower to go on the jumper. Hilarious!

2. Give Ally a bath.
I didn't know how this one would go down, since I have never bathed Ally before, and I didn't have any doggy shampoo, but searched online for a homemade shampoo. Too bad she didn't really like the bath shook like a leaf the entire time, and then tried to climb out of the bath by walking up my arms (of course, waiting until she was soaped up to try climb out). I then tried to dry her with a hairdryer which she seemed to enjoy but was scared of at the same time. After I set her free, she proceeded to run crazy fast laps around the lounge room, including running across the couch and taking a flying leap off the couch, and doing this weird rolling on the floor thing.

She is still running around like a maniac and playing with her toys with crazy attitude. I also have a lovely smell of damp dog in the house to enjoy. Needless to say, I won't be bathing her again!

Why read a book or clean the house or do a jigsaw puzzle or flick through a magazine when you can be entertained by the dog?!

What do you enjoy doing on lazy days?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! My fur baby does that also! He runs around like a psycho when he gets out of the bath, rolls on the floor, grabs a toy & runs around like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen anything like it before! I have given my pets baths in the past and never seen it, so definitely got a laugh!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...