Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Monday and I'm Keeping Busy...

My Easter weekend has been pretty quiet. I'm on holidays from work so have some time to kill. I spent three hours yesterday (Easter Sunday) cleaning all the clothes off my floor - stuff that had been washed after our Honeymoon but not put away as I didn't have space for all my new purchases on top of my old clothes. My sister and her husband have gone to Paris and Rome for 8 nights so we are dog sitting their one year old dog who runs around on speed.
Derek playing with Ally (the blur).
Today I cooked tomato soup for lunch. Tomato soup is the only soup I eat because it's smooth - I hate soup with bits floating in it. Eew. I am trying to get on a bit of a health kick, with trying to stop drinking Pepsi (I'm still off the Pepsi but it is hard! I'm tried! I have a headache!), and have been using the website livestrong.com to track my food each day. It is amazing to see how much a snack can put you over.
Tomato soup cooking. I really need a smaller stockpot.
The recipe is from my favourite cookbook of all time, Complete Perfect Recipes by David Herbert.
Complete Perfect Recipes, David Herbert, $30.81 AUD, bookdepository.com
This cookbook is the best cookbook I've ever owned and I think everyone who ever cooks should own it. It has some more basic things in it, like cooking the perfect steak or cooking scones, but also more advanced or impressive dishes like san choy bow or thai chicken curry. Not one thing I've ever cooked has ever failed from this book, and everything has been super delicious, gotten rave reviews from dinner guests (and, I'll admit, I've also boasted to myself about how great my cooking was), and no recipe has obscure or super expensive ingredients. I always go to this book first when looking for a recipe before anything else.

I'm beginning to knit a hat for my friend who had a baby a couple of months ago and I will be meeting the new girl next week. This hat has ear flaps so is a new challenge for me, but so far, I'm going along well.

How did you spend your long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...