Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Accessories Shopping and Spilling Drinks...

Today I went to Southland to do some accessories shopping. Next weekend we are going to a newsagency awards night as Derek works at a newsagency and his boss is president of the Victorian newsagency association. This night is at the Plaza Ballroom on Collins Street (Regent Theatre) so is quite a ritzy night! It sounds all a bit ridiculous but is their industry's night of nights, lol. Anyway, I decided that, rather than trying to buy a new dress, I'd buy something that would be easier to find and more reusable than a dress. I went shoe shopping. It's been awhile since I've purchased shoes in person (in Australia) - I usually buy online. Anyway, this is what I walked away with:

Zu Quo Evening Heels in Nude, $120 AUD
These shoes have a nice gold slight metallic material finish and are really interesting. Also the platform means they don't feel too high at all. I've never purchased Zu shoes before so I hope they're OK. I will be using Party Feet though! Of course, the girl tried to sell me the matching clutch, and I wasn't going to buy it (as I was going to borrow a gold clutch off my mum) but then she said it would be 20% off if I purchased it to match the shoes, so I thought it would be nice to have a matching clutch to the shoes. It's not like black shoes - you can match with any bag (or any black bag).
Zu Orpheus Evening Handbag, $80 AUD, down to $64 AUD
The clutch is a good size and has a few little pockets and a chain strap so will do well.

I then went to Portmans and purchased a gold belt to go with my new gold shoes and gold bag:
Portmans Oval Metal Stretch Belt, $24.95 AUD
I am teaming all this with a black dress so it should look suitably formal yet party-ish! After my purchases, I got some Party Feet at Priceline and then stopped off at Gloria Jeans for a Mudslide Mocha drink. This turned out to be a big mistake. I took two sips, got in my car, then came home. When I got home, I tried to put the drink on the coffee table but the lid was loose so it wound up slipping apart and out of my hands and all over the carpet. It took AGES to clean up. The carpet still has a chocolate hue to it. What a waste of $5, too, as it all wound up on the floor in giant clumps of frozen chocolate/coffee gloop. Ugh.

Where is your favourite place to shop for shoes? Do you notice that shoe shops can be especially rude - they either greet you and are over-the-top in trying to get you to try things on, or they don't even acknowledge your presence in the shop. There never seems to be a happy medium!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...