Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

The rest of my week...

This weekend has been nothing special, which is sometimes the kind of weekend you need.

I met my Mum on Friday at Chadstone and David Jones had the 5 piece Royal Albert set for only $20 more than the 3 piece set I purchased on Tuesday:
Royal Albert 'Rose Confetti' 5 piece setting, $119.00 AUD, David Jones
As this was an insane special (the largest plate can be used as a cake plate) and it also included the smaller 'biscuit' plate (which was the plate I really wanted) as well as the larger 'bread and butter' plate, I decided to purchase the 5 piece, then take the cup, saucer, and larger bread and butter plate and return these in the original 3 piece set I purchased on Tuesday, which I did with no problems.

We went to Wicked on Wednesday night, which was quite good with the special effects, however the girl who played Glinda had an irritating voice, and not knowing any of the songs made it a bit less enjoyable. We had Emerald Fizz cocktails beforehand which were only $14 (not bad for a novelty item at a theatre) and tasted tropical and yum!
Emerald Fizz cocktails (my Mum is not great at taking photos with the iPhone, she tends to click the button about 20 times, and each of the photos is blurry).
 Today I started the Couch To 5K program. It was tough but not as impossible as I thought. The app on my phone allowed me to use my own music while I walked/ran.
C25K app
 Afterwards I did some weights and realised that I need proper headphones as the sound quality is not great in the iPhone/iPod earphones and they keep slipping out of my ears. We went looking at JB but I decided I would buy online cheaper, along with a couple of other things off Amazon.

I am wondering how I am going to go back at work tomorrow as I have had at least one coffee each day of the holidays, and now I won't be able to get one. I think I might have to stop on the way to work somewhere, I have a feeling I'm going to be tired.
Hudsons Coffee in Myer makes great coffees. 
 Looked at watches which I don't need. These rose gold ones were really pretty. I didn't purchase, and this took a lot of self control. When you know how cheap Fossil is in America and how it is nearly double the price here it makes you angry.
Other things I have been doing:

  • Visiting family.
  • Baked an orange and poppyseed cake.
  • Did yoga with my mum at the beautiful Elevate Yoga studio in Black Rock. 
  • Spring cleaning.
  • My 3000 piece Seurat jigsaw puzzle.
  • Drinking lots of tea.

What have you been up to this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. If you love fine china, definitely check out Cristina Re. About the phone pictures - I do the same, 10 shots and all blurry... we need a tripod! Hudsons does the best chocolate milkshakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see some lovely Cristina Re in David Jones the other day -definitely a nice gift idea!

      Delete
  2. Those cocktails look nice!

    Good luck with your Couch to 5k, those apps are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...