Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

In The City...

Yesterday we went to the city to check out the new H&M and the Melbourne Emporium.

H&M was ridiculously busy, being school holidays. I was surprised how busy it was given it has been open for 3 months now. The place was huge but it was so packed (it's only H&M, people) that it wasn't worth looking hard.

The Emporium was nice, however not all the shops were open. We discovered a Victoria's Secret beauty store (I wish they would stop opening these and start opening proper lingerie stores) which was also jam packed so basically impossible to look at anything. I found out on Facebook this morning it was so packed (they stopped letting people in) because yesterday was it's opening day.

Anyway, I wound up getting a teacup so now I don't have to use my February teacup anymore. I am petrified I'm going to break it and if I do I will be without the cup as they don't make the cup of the month series anymore:

Royal Albert 'Rose Confetti' cup, saucer and plate box set, $99.00 AUD, David Jones.
 The Royal Albert range is on sale at David Jones at the moment. I don't know that I need the plate however I was gifted another cup for my 21st birthday which didn't come with a plate and it bugs me. Now they sell the cup and saucer with a large 21 cm plate as opposed to the smaller 16 cm plates they used to sell.
It is really beautiful!

My old cups - Royal Albert Ruby Celebration Gold Damask cup and saucer (the cup I have no plate for) and Royal Albert Flower of the Month Feburary cup and saucer (I got this for my 18th or 21st birthday, can't remember which one, also comes with a 16cm plate, not pictured). Both these cups are irreplaceable but the Feburary one is more important to me so I'm going to keep it as a display option.

The three cups. You can see how wide the dessert plate is on the new cup.
What do you like to drink your tea from? Do you like it from a nice china cup and saucer or do you just go with whatever's clean? Are you a mug or cup person?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...