Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Babies Galore...

Everyone I know seems to have either literally just had a baby or be about to have one. At a stretch, if they don't fall into one of these two categories, they're having a baby sometime later this year.

Blueberry beanie and matching booties, patterns from Ravelry.com
One of the girls at work just had her first baby - she waited to find out what gender it was until it was born! I could never do that. I knitted this beanie and booties set for her. I'm wondering if the beanie is a bit big but he will grow into it eventually.

It really does seem like everyone is having a baby. Even the authors of at least five blogs I read regularly have either had a baby or will be having one in the next few months. There are people I would never have seen as the baby type who are mere months away from having their first child. It definitely gets you thinking. Originally, we had planned to wait a couple of years after getting married before starting to try for a baby, but now I'm wondering if I want to wait that long. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with nodules on my ovaries which was said at the time could possibly turn into PCOS down the track and make conceiving difficult. I'm thinking maybe I need to get checked out again, because I don't want to stick to the 'wait a couple of years' plan if I'm going to be wasting two years when things might already be difficult enough. I guess only the doctor can answer this one for me. This is partly why I'm going to try as hard as I can and persist with the whole healthier eating thing - if I get into a good habit now, I'll have no trouble eating healthier if and when I do get pregnant. I want to share a baby with my husband and go through the next phase of our relationship. I want to experience being pregnant and taking care of a new baby, experience naming and bathtimes and dressing the baby in cute clothes and watching them grow. It makes me feel like I am missing out - everyone is having this little new person come into their lives and there is really not much stopping me. The only two things stopping me are that I'm not sure whether I want to travel more first, and also that Derek says he isn't ready. At least he said he is negotiable on the whole two years plan, so that is something. It may be a fleeting feeling with all the other people having babies. He said to wait a few months and see how I feel then to know if it's a phase or something I'm more serious about. I just don't know that I want to wait two years anymore (well a year and a half, as we have already been married almost 6 months) and I am kind of worried about if there is anything going on internally which might make things difficult for me to actually conceive.

Do you know anyone who is having a baby this year? Are you the odd one out in your friendship/work/family circle not having babies?

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same! We are getting marred in August, and will have 1 newborn and 1 pregnant (that we know of at the moment!) but 3 friends with under 1s, and about 5-6 2 or 3 year olds. It's tricky! And quite a few of our favourite names have been taken!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's not good about the names being taken. Luckily I haven't had names taken yet, but also since most are friends from work or friends from old works or other acquaintances it woudn't really matter if a name did end up getting taken!

      Delete
  2. Tell me about it - driving me batty at the moment. EVERYONE is either pregnant or just had a baby, and sad sack me is just a constant depresso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you keen to begin a family, Aly, or just over the constant 'happy news' announcements of everyone around you?

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...