Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Holidays...

So it's been a couple of months since my last post. I didn't get any comments on my Fiji trip post so I didn't think anyone was reading anymore so it felt kind of pointless to keep blogging. That and the last few months of the year at work are always super busy. Anyway, it's holidays now and this time in one week I'll be traveling to Hawaii with my mum! I'm looking forward to the trip. I've been to Hawaii once before but I was by myself and got bored quickly and spent half the day sleeping with jet lag from coming from the East Coast of the US, so I changed my flight and went home early.

Things I'm planning on doing in Hawaii:
Sunset sail on the Maitai Catamaran, which includes free mai tais in the price!
Shop like a boss at the Ala Moana Center.
Hike to the top of Diamond Head for an amazing view like this.
Visit Pearl Harbor.
Snorkel at Hanauma Bay and then drive around Oahu.
Sunset yoga.
Go parasailing - I booked this last time I was in Hawaii but then I went home early so never did it. I did this in Cairns and it was amazing!
Overeat at The Cheesecake Factory.

I'm a bit concerned that I will be effectively going to Hawaii to escape the heat of Melbourne. Ugh.

Have you been to Hawaii before? My mum and I are there for a week. If you have any suggestions on things we should do then please suggest away!

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you're blogging again! Though, keep in mind, just because there may be no comments on a post, doesn't mean no-one is reading! :)
    I tend to be a reader, rather than a reader-commenter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I often read without commenting too.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same! Avid reader but normally too shy to comment :) Can't wait to see the pics of Hawaii, I hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because we don' comment doesn't mean we aren't here. :P

    Isn't it hot in Hawaii? Shop a lot, and make a list of what you're after. e.g Twinkie Bars! There's also Sephora, so make another list! So much stuff is cheaper there than here. They also will have stuff that isn't here like YSL's Elle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think I was more wondering if anyone was still reading because I put some nice pictures up of Fiji and no one had anything to say about them so thought maybe no one was.

      Hawaii will be mid-high 20s when we're there next week. Oh yes I know how cheap shopping in the US is, it is quite dangerous! For Christmas, my mother in law (she's American) gave me some gift cards to Sephora, Victoria's Secret, and a Visa card to spend on anything so I have a good head start already!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love to read your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...